Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

need help
Aug 19, 2002

dear dr. i wrote to you when identified hep-c positive with 3279 copies detected. you suggested witholding treatment for 6 monts. later the test declares <600 copies and subsequently negative. the pain in my right abdomen region has spread upto lower chest area , the motions are still irregilar ( black/ green/ loose / none ). my sgpt is constant for 1 year at 24, the ultrasound declares liver, spleen and kidneys normal. please tell me will the fibrous tissues detected at the time of biopsy revert to normal and what should i do now, can i be worry free as far as hep-c is concerned

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

It seems you cleared the virus.If the changes in the liver biopsy were secondary to HCV,you should improve .If there was other pathology as drug damage,alcohol,HBV,the changes may stay unchanged.The good news is that you cleared HCV,and you can abstain from alcohol and drugs if this is the case ,and check and manage HBV,if present.

Previous
Dear dr torres re:your advice,re:doctor im confused.
Next
relatioship bet VL and Enzymes

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.