Hep B vaccine

Dear Doctor, I am hiv negative, but have a question regarding the hep b vaccine. I always do complete blood work before entering a new relationship, and insist on the same for my partner. In these times I think it to be a responsible thing to do. I also work with children in school, so my district reccomends the hep b vaccine. However, I don't want to have a positive antibody response to hep b, and confuse my partner. Is that how they test for hep b? By antibodies? Or will the vaccine not confuse my true hep b status just in case someone wanted to know. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Fried

I believe in universal vaccination for HBV. A person who received the vaccine to HBV and became immune will be positive for anti-HBs antibody. All other markers of HBV, particularly HBV core antibody will be negative, indicating the vaccine exposure, rather than a natural HBV infection. Your partners should be pleased that you are taking these extra precautions. See your doctor about getting vaccinated.

HBV
HCV Treatment options ALT normal