hep c geno type 4

I was diagnosed with hep c geno t 4 in 97 probably got from blood transfusion in 84.I went on interferon /ribaviron treatment in 99 and was a partial responder. My Doctor wants me to go onto inteferon treatment (different dosage) again. I do go for 6 monthly blood / ultrasound tests so far all ok. Also are a couple of beers a no no? Thanks Clynton

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Clynton, A couple of beers are a no no. No reason to risk it. You should also consider treatment again.This time it is much easier and more effective using the pegylated interferon and ribavirin. The blood and ultrasound tests are not really that accurate in predicting the course of HCV. Good luck! DTD

Hep G
Am I still infected? Please answer.