|hep c geno type 4
Aug 13, 2002
I was diagnosed with hep c geno t 4 in 97 probably got from blood transfusion in 84.I went on interferon /ribaviron treatment in 99 and was a partial responder. My Doctor wants me to go onto inteferon treatment (different dosage) again. I do go for 6 monthly blood / ultrasound tests so far all ok. Also are a couple of beers a no no? Thanks Clynton
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Dear Clynton, A couple of beers are a no no. No reason to risk it. You should also consider treatment again.This time it is much easier and more effective using the pegylated interferon and ribavirin. The blood and ultrasound tests are not really that accurate in predicting the course of HCV. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.