Aug 8, 2002
What does the following test results mean? HBs Ag +ve, HBs Antibody -ve, HBV DNA pcr 280 copies/mL, all liver tests normal
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It means that you are what they call an asymptomatic carrier. I would also want to know about e antigen and e antibody. It sounds like you have probably cleared the infection. However with HBV there may always be a little virus hanging around to give you something to think about. You should have yearly alfafetoprotein and ultrasound yearly. Good luck! DTD
confusing signs/unable diagnose...
chronic HBV clearance stats
- What Do Ulcers In The Mouth Look Like When U Are Hiv Positive?
- Can Worrying About Hiv Make You Have Symptoms When You Don't Have It?
- How Much Body Fluid Is Actually Needed To Transmit Hiv?
- Is The Aids Virus Killed In Boiling Water?
- Is It Difficult For Heterosexuals To Get Hiv?
- Types Of Skin Rashes From Hepatitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.