For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Help me with test results please

I received my test results for Hep B. The surf aby (0689) is returning ...HSB antibody is 2.9miu/ml 10 >10. Hep B Surf Ag (0686) is Non-Reactive. Could you please descibe in detail what this means My doctor can not ??? thank you

Response from Dr. Fried

The wording is not clear to me but what I think you are describing is that you are HBsAg negative and anti-HBs positive. The negative HBsAg means you do NOT carry HBV. The positive anti-HBs suggests you developed immunity to HBV either through the vaccine or through previous natural exposure.

Booster Dose of Hep B
confusing signs/unable diagnose...