|Help me with test results please
Jul 26, 2002
I received my test results for Hep B. The surf aby (0689) is returning ...HSB antibody is 2.9miu/ml 10 >10. Hep B Surf Ag (0686) is Non-Reactive. Could you please descibe in detail what this means My doctor can not ??? thank you
| Response from Dr. Fried
The wording is not clear to me but what I think you are describing is that you are HBsAg negative and anti-HBs positive. The negative HBsAg means you do NOT carry HBV. The positive anti-HBs suggests you developed immunity to HBV either through the vaccine or through previous natural exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.