Jul 26, 2002
dear doctors, is it true that the hepatitis virus can remain dormant for upto 10 years after an exposure?
thank you for your time
Response from Dr. Fried
I'm not sure which hepatitis virus you are talking about. HBV and HCV can be present in the carrier state for many years without a person having symptoms. However, simple blood tests can determine whether a person is infected with either of those viruses. If you think you may have been exposed, even many years ago, see your doctor for appropriate blood tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.