|Hep C+ husband
Jul 26, 2002
My husband just found out he is Hep C+. Can we have children without me or our unborn child becoming infected.
| Response from Dr. Fried
Your baby should be fine. Unless the mother is infected with hepatitis C, the newborn baby will not get hepatitis C from the father. Since HCV can be transmitted sexually (although rarely this occurs), the sexual partner of an HCV+ person should be tested. See the CDC website for additional info and discuss your specific risks with your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes?
- Sebaceous Glands On Shaft Is It A Std
- Stomach Pain And Heavy Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.