|Hep C+ husband
Jul 26, 2002
My husband just found out he is Hep C+. Can we have children without me or our unborn child becoming infected.
Response from Dr. Fried
Your baby should be fine. Unless the mother is infected with hepatitis C, the newborn baby will not get hepatitis C from the father. Since HCV can be transmitted sexually (although rarely this occurs), the sexual partner of an HCV+ person should be tested. See the CDC website for additional info and discuss your specific risks with your doctor.
is damage done to the liver irreversable
- White Bumps On Penis Worried It Could Be AIDS
- Bloody Nose After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.