|is damage done to the liver irreversable
Jul 26, 2002
once diagnosed with hepatitis c, after 7 years with the virus, can the liver return back to normal with medication and proper diet??
| Response from Dr. Fried
In the past, we used to believe that once a liver was scarred, it was irreversible. However, there is much new evidence to suggest that antiviral therapy for hepatitis C will slow down and even reverse, in some cases, fibrosis (or scarring) of the liver. Discuss treatment options with your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Eye Floaters Sign Of HIV Infection
- Is Chills A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Swollen Lymph Glands Sign Of HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.