|Confused about results!
Jul 22, 2002
What does a border-line core test with a negative test for antigens and antibodies mean?
Response from Dr. Fried
The negative HBs antigen means that you do NOT have hepatitis B currently. HB core antibody positive may mean you had a previous natural exposure (and cleared) or it is a false positive.
Hepatitis C during pregnacy
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Can I Get Hiv By Drinking Out Of The Same Glass As An Infected Person?
- When Will A Blood Test Show Herpes?
- When Can You Exercise After Having Shingles?
- What Is The Difference Between Hives And Shingles?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.