Hepatitis C during pregnacy

Yes my sister-in-law is 9 weeks pregnant,she went in for her check up yesterday and the Dr. told her she has hepatitis C , and wouldn't give her any info or phone#s to call or anything,I would like to know what effects it can have on her baby and any info u can send me thank you

Response from Dr. Fried

Her baby will most likely be just fine. The risks of the baby getting hepatitis C from an infected mother are small, maybe 5%. There are no recommendations about changing birthing practices because the mother has hepatitis C. Go to the CDC website for more info and check again with her doctor to get more information, as well. CDC

What does this mean
Confused about results!