|What does this mean
Jul 22, 2002
My Dr. told me that my liver enzymes are 39 what is normal because he said 36 and what does this mean. He said to repeat the test ina month
Response from Dr. Fried
"Normal" liver enzymes vary acording to the laboratory. At my lab, ALT "normal" for a male is 72, other labs it may be 45. Nevertheless, the mild abnormality may indicate that your liver is irritated. It sounds like your doctor is planning further evaluation which is appropriate.
liver biopsy changes over time with hcv
Hepatitis C during pregnacy
- Does Headache Mean I Have Hiv?
- Does HIV Cause Pain In Penis?
- Is Dry Cough A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.