Does this mean my brother is not
Jul 22, 2002
My brother is in prison and he just told me that he has hepatitas B and that the doctors can't do anything until he gets sick. Does this mean he is not "sick" now? Can he take something now to wipeout the hepatitas before it gets worse? Thanks Stacy
Response from Dr. Fried
Someone with chronic hepatitis B may carry the virus but it may not be causing liver damage. In this situation, treatment is not needed but the person should still be monitored. If the hepatitis B becomes more active, then treatment will be considered. This may be what your brother discussed with his doctors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Saliva?
- How Long Does It Take To Detect Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.