|Hep B incubation
Jul 22, 2002
I'm a 28 year old guy and I had sex with a girl I met in a club back in mid May. We used a rubber but it broke and this girl gave me trich. I got the test at a clinic and the clinic wants me to be tested for HIV and Hep B. My question is what is the incubation time for Hep B? Are there any symptoms of it before diagnosis? Does the girl having trich increase my chances of Hep B?
Response from Dr. Fried
Having one sexually transmitted disease may increase the risk of other STDs. HBV infection may be asymptomatic. The incubation period is approximately 6 weeks to 6 months. Getting tested for other STDs is a good idea.
Does this mean my brother is not
- Is Tingling In Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Std That Causes Sharp Pain On Left Side Of Stomach
- Attitudes Towards Hiv Infected People
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.