Jul 22, 2002
What is a false positive for hep b core ab? Can anyone with hep b recieve hep vaccines? What if you had hep b and recieved the vaccines for the hep virus, and didn't know you had hep to begin with? How will this affect a person?
| Response from Dr. Fried
The exact rate of false positive hep B core antibody is not known. Some people with natural HBV exposure (and resolved) may have only hep B core positive after many years. The hep B vaccine will only benefit those who have not had hepatitis B by allowing them to develop immunity. The vaccine will not harm someone if they received it after having had a natural HBV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.