|HEP C SCARE
Jul 22, 2002
I GOT A TATTOO IN SEPTEMBER, IN JANUARY 4 MONTHS PASST I WAS TESTED FOR HEP C, IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE. SHOULD I BE RETESTED OR IS IT SAFE TO SAY I DON'T HAVE IT?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
The risk of infection by tatoos is almost nil, according to recent CDC statements.If you do not have a particular reason to suspect risk,as a shared needle or poor hygiene,most likely you are fine.To be 100% sure you will need to repeat the test in a few months.
Follow up Hep B Question
HBV surface antigen negative and detectable serum DNA?
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- A List Of All The Names Of Medicines For Std
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Can You Get Hiv From Someone Undetectable?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.