Follow up Hep B Question

Dear Doctor Rodriquez-Torres, I have the following test results. Surface AG +, Surface AB -, IGM non-reactive, Hep C & A -, Core AB +, anti-HBE +, HBV E antigen -. A DNA screen was completed with the following results: HBV DNA QNT PCR (pg/mL) <0.001 and HBV DNA QNT PCR log (cpy/mL) <2.3 and the amount of HBV DNA is less than 200 copies/mL. Normal Liver function tests.

You indicated that given the results I was on my way to a complete resolution. Is this possible or will I always be a carrier? How often should I have blood tests to monitor such and do you recommend a Alpha-Feta (sp) Protein test and liver ultrasound? Can I breast feed? Will there ever be a treatment for non-active carriers. I am very frustrated when they say to just monitor your bloodwork but have no guarentee of reactivation. Please advise as I am very nervous and concerned for my future as I am in my very early 30's and I am getting ready to give birth. Will by surface antigen test ever be negative? Thank you for your time and patience.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Yes,the Hepatitis B Antigen can still clear.You already cleared the e Antigen and have developed antibodies to e,next step will be the clearance of the surface Antigen.You need to be patient.

hep b
HEP C SCARE