hep b

Hi i have been told i was hep b positive but my hep b sur ag is negative and my hep b sur ab is negative and my hb core ab is positive i was wondering what this exactly means does it mean it is chronic or acute or has it been rid of the virus and in anyway does this also mean i have hiv or is it in anyway tht i m more at risk of getting hiv or does it mean i have hiv also thank you.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The results mean: you were exposed to the virus at some time, but you cleared the virus.You do not have detectable immunity against Hep.B,but most likely you are inmmune to reinfection.This is a different virus than HIV,and this past infection does not place you at any aditional risk for contracting AIDS>

Hep G
Follow up Hep B Question