Rashes and dry skin from therapy

I have been on the peg interfuron therapy for hep c for about six months. I have been getting rashes and very dry skin especially on my face and around my eyes. Is this a side effect of the drugs and can my doctor prescribe anything to relieve the itching. Also, is there a photosensitivity to the sun while on the therapy? Thank you for any help on this matter.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Ribavirin can cause rash and pruritus(itching).Sometimes these symptoms are agravated by sun exposure.Your physician has many alternatives of treatment for this ,that may help .If the problem persists ,you should see a dermatologist to exclude other skin manifestations of HCV.The dose of RBV may need to be decreased or even discontinued ,if you develop severe or intolerable skin symptoms.

dear doctor,im confused please help.
Hep G