When to tell

I want to know how long after testing and results, should I let my partner and my work know? Is telling your work even necessary?

Response from Dr. Fried

If you have tested positive for hepatitis C, your partner should be informed. Even though the risks of sexual transmission are small, a joint discussion with him/her and your physician is warranted so that all parties can understand the issues. Informing employers is a very complex issue and depends, in part, on the environment in which you work and what effects HCV and treatment are having on you. In your particular situation, you should first discuss this with your physician who can help guide you further in this regard.

Pamela Anderson HCV
hepitis c