Wait for Adefovir or start LAM

Dear Drs. I am HBeAG Pos. Chronic for years. ALT is going up (325). over 180 million copies/ml.

Never treated.

What treatment would you suggest? I read about Interferon's side effects and that probably for elevated viral load, IFN would not be an option for me.

Should I start right away with LAM, or wait for Adefovir? How better are the chances in a case like mine with Adefovir?

Thanks a lot for your time and any prompt response.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The answer would be easier if you had e antigen and antibody tests and a liver biopsy result to share with us. However if you took LAM, the probability of a seroconversion is about 30% in one year, about the same risk as resistance to the drug. Adefovir may be approved late this year and will work for LAM resistant virus. Whether waiting will be helpful really depends on the liver biopsy and the results of the e antigen and antibody tests which I would suggest you go for soon to help you make this decision. Good luck! DTD

Pls help..pls answer
hepatitis A and drug use