|pace of progression +hep c
Jul 1, 2002
Hello doctor, has there been any stats with regards to how much time (in yrs) a person's stage progress. I am talking about a biopsy where the individual is in stage III for example. How long would it take to go on from stage III to stage IIII (4) which is cirrohis?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
In general it is thought that hepatitis progresses at an average rate of 6-7 years per stage. However in real life studies the median time to cirrhosis in stage III biopsies is about 18 months. So if your biopsyis stage III, you need to be treated now! If the treatment is successful, that is the virus is cured, then the biopsy should eventually return to normal. If not, it should regress about 1 stage. There is little to lose by treating at this point. Good luck and go for it! DTD
how are they related
hepatitis and testosterone
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.