|how are they related
Jun 29, 2002
what is the correlation between Hep B and HIV infection?
| Response from Dr. Fried
HIV and HBV are very distinct viruses that target different parts of the body and cause different diseases. However, HIV and HBV are transmitted through similar routes, blood-blood infection, sexual contact. Certain drugs that are effective for HIV are also effective for HBV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can Mucous Is Anus Be An Std?
- Does Amoxicillin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.