|how are they related
Jun 29, 2002
what is the correlation between Hep B and HIV infection?
| Response from Dr. Fried
HIV and HBV are very distinct viruses that target different parts of the body and cause different diseases. However, HIV and HBV are transmitted through similar routes, blood-blood infection, sexual contact. Certain drugs that are effective for HIV are also effective for HBV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.