Hep C Treatment

I recently finished the peg-interferon regime and did not completly clear the virus-- this was back in December 2001 has there been anything else released that for treatment since then that may be benificial to me.

Response from Dr. Fried

It sounds like you did not respond (clear HCV) during your previous therapy. Currently, this is the only available therapy and, assuming you took the medication regularly and were monitored correctly, retreatment with the same regimen would not be beneficial in terms of clearing the virus. Continue to follow-up with your doctor about new medications that will be available in the future.

HCV
elevated liver enzymes