Jun 29, 2002
Is it possible to become infected with hcv, from a splash of IV solution into ones eye, from an infected hcv patient?
| Response from Dr. Fried
The splash would have to contain HCV-infected blood in order to transmit HCV. Splash exposures have been reported very rarely and is not a common way to get HCV. If you have potentially been exposed, follow-up with your occupational health service for appropriate testing and counseling.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.