|Can Hep B be cured?
Jun 29, 2002
I am confused about Hep B and C, can thier virus be wiped out of the body? and can a person with hep B get married?
Response from Dr. Fried
Chronic hepatitis B and hepatitis C both can be "cured" with appropriate antviral therapy. Discuss with your healthcare professional what treatment options are available and whether they are appropriate for you.
Someone with chronic HBV certainly can get married and lead a normal life. Their spouse/sexual partners/household contacts should get the HBV vaccine which will protect them from infection with HBV.
Hepatitis B vaccines
I am 18 and I'm a female
- If A Man Swallowed His Own Sperm Could He Get Hiv Or Aids?
- Hiv Infection Risk With A Finger Cut
- Natural Treatment For Hypogonadism
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
- What Are The Side Effects Of Shingles?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.