|Hepatitis B vaccines
Jun 29, 2002
This questin is regarding hep b vaccine. What would happen if you were given the hep b vaccine shot, but you are positive? My cousin's doctor gave him the vaccine shot without knowing the results if he was negative/positive. He was given the first shot. He later learn he is positive, but he already had the vaccine shot. Can this hurt or harm him even more so? I was under the impression that you were given the vaccine shot if you are negative.
Response from Dr. Fried
I'm not sure what you are referring to as "positive". The HBV vaccine will not harm someone if they had a previous natural exposure and cleared it or if they had remained a chronic carrier of HBV (it would not help either). Pre-vaccination testing for HBV is not routinely recommended unless a high likelihood of previous HBV infection.
Can Hep B be cured?
- Ache In Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.