|Could I have infected by kissing if trauma was present?
Jun 19, 2002
Hello. I have a tendencey to chew on my lip often and I can taste blood sometimes. Me and my recent girlfriend kiss heavily alot with toungue, saliva, and no toungue. I have chronic hep C. Should I be worried about the chance I might have infected her and if so, how much of a chance. Thank you very much.
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Anytime there is blood present,there is a risk for trsmission.However the risk by kissing is remote,as well as in most intimate contact with a single partner.
HBV DNA too high for IFN...
- Does Eating Garlic Help The Hiv Medications?
- When Do Hiv Symptoms Start?
- In The Earliest Stage Of Hiv Infection Can Symptoms May Be Mistaken For The Flu
- How Bad Will The Sore Throat And Muscle Aches Be When You Have Hiv?
- Can I Catch Hiv From A Spa?
- Does Black People Have Hiv More Often Than White People?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.