Jun 19, 2002
I HAD A TATTOO IN SEPTEMBER,IN JANUARY I WAS TESTED FOR HEP C, IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE. DO I NEED TO BE RETESTED, OR IS IT SAFE TO SAY I DON'T HAVE IT.
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
You did the test early to detect hepatitis C antibody,may take up to a year to be detectable.The risks of tattoos,have been shown to be very remote for Hep.C.You should always request clean disposable needles and ink.
cant get test, please help, begging now
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Hiv Transmitted Through Sucking Breast?
- Does Washing Clothes Get Rid Of Virus?
- Hiv Transmission In Lesbian Sex With Grinding Or Oral Sex
- How Long Is Hiv Contagious Outside Of Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.