|how long should i wait?
Jun 17, 2002
Yesterday I was exposed to vaginal fluids on my penis that had open wounds. i would like to test for hep c and want to find out when i should take both the pcr and antibody tests??? can i do it now or should i wait a few months??? thanks!
| Response from Dr. Fried
Hepatitis B is more likely to be contracted from what you describe and you should be tested for that as well. For HCV, check the HCV RNA at 4 weeks after the exposure. If it is negative, you did not contract HCV. A follow-up antibody test would confirm this 6 months after the exposure. Ask your doctor about HBV tests also.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Licking Vagina?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sucking Penis?
- Possibility Of Testing Negative For Hiv After 6 Months
- Does A Cbc Helps Doctors To Know If Someone Is Hiv Positive?
- Can A Blood Test For Anemia Detect Hiv?
- After How Long Do U Need Take Hiv Test To Show If U Have It
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.