Question about Hep C.

I have been reading up about hepatitis C on the internet and I can't seem to find consistent info. Some places say the most people with Hep C 85 do not endup with serious liver disease and live normal lives. When other places say that most people do endup with liver disease. Can you please let me know witch is true.

Response from Dr. Fried

Both are true, that is the dilemma associated with the natural course of hepatitis C infection. Many people have hepatitis C and do not get progressive disease. Others, particularly those who drink excessive alcohol, have progressive HCV and develop cirrhosis. In general, HCV infection is mild for most people but it should be fully evaluated and not ignored. It can also be cured in over 50% of patients.

Possible methods of Hep C exposure?
how long should i wait?