|immunity to Hep B
Jun 17, 2002
I am an chronic active Hep B carrier,if my wife is tested to be immuned to the virus without going thru any vaccination, is it possible that the immunity will be gone after a few years or will it be a life time immunisation?
Response from Dr. Fried
If she developed immunity (anti-HBs positive) through a natural infection as you suggest, she is immune to HBV and this will be persistent.
Possible methods of Hep C exposure?
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Chlamydia Symptoms Won't Go Away
- Is Brown Discharge A Symptom Of Vaginal Thrush?
- Is Hpv Tested For When Donating Blood?
- How Long Does Std Bacteria Live Outside The Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.