immunity to Hep B
Jun 17, 2002
I am an chronic active Hep B carrier,if my wife is tested to be immuned to the virus without going thru any vaccination, is it possible that the immunity will be gone after a few years or will it be a life time immunisation?
Response from Dr. Fried
If she developed immunity (anti-HBs positive) through a natural infection as you suggest, she is immune to HBV and this will be persistent.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Itchy Vagina Mean I Have AIDS?
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.