|urgent: meaning of
Jun 17, 2002
I am a Spanish translator doing research for a text and I would be grateful if you could clarify the meaning of "FLARES" in the following sentence:
"ALT flares were less common with REPSUR than with placebo, so acute exacerbations of hepatitis that can lead to liver decompensation should be uncommon during treatment with REPSUR"
Thank you very much for your help and time
Response from Dr. Fried
"ALT flares" refer to sudden increase of serum ALT activity (a liver enzyme) greater than the baseline value for that patient.
End Stage Suggestions
- How Long Should I Wait To Take An Hiv Test After Being Raped?
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Transmit?
- What Stage In Hiv Do Night Sweats Occur Early Or Late?
- Will My Doctor Test Me For Herpes When I'm Pregnant?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What Organs Are Affected By Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.