|urgent: meaning of
Jun 17, 2002
I am a Spanish translator doing research for a text and I would be grateful if you could clarify the meaning of "FLARES" in the following sentence:
"ALT flares were less common with REPSUR than with placebo, so acute exacerbations of hepatitis that can lead to liver decompensation should be uncommon during treatment with REPSUR"
Thank you very much for your help and time
Response from Dr. Fried
"ALT flares" refer to sudden increase of serum ALT activity (a liver enzyme) greater than the baseline value for that patient.
End Stage Suggestions
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Neuropathy?
- How Msm Stop Neuropathy Pain?
- How Long Do Hiv Lesions Last?
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.