|Birth control pills with Hepatitis C(cronic)
Jun 17, 2002
I was tested positive for hepatitis C. There are no abnormalities of blood works and no other current noticeable effects. Should the use of birth control pills be prevented due to any affect on the liver or can they be used safely? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Fried
Birth control pills may be used in the setting of chronic hepatitis C. Your risk of problems from them should be no greater than the average person. Discuss this further with your healthcare professional.
Hep B test
- Does An Hiv Test Include A Check For Chlamydia?
- How Long Do People Live With Hiv Without Treatment?
- Can You Get Hiv While Wearing A Condom?
- What Percentage Of People Are Hiv Negative After 6 Weeks?
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
- How Long Do Hiv Seroconversion Symptoms Last?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.