|Birth control pills with Hepatitis C(cronic)
Jun 17, 2002
I was tested positive for hepatitis C. There are no abnormalities of blood works and no other current noticeable effects. Should the use of birth control pills be prevented due to any affect on the liver or can they be used safely? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Fried
Birth control pills may be used in the setting of chronic hepatitis C. Your risk of problems from them should be no greater than the average person. Discuss this further with your healthcare professional.
Hep B test
- Can You Get Hiv By Eating Infected Blood?
- Will Genital Warts Eventually Go Away And Not Flare Up Again?
- What To Put On Shingles Scabs?
- What Should You Do If You Think You Have Herpes On Lip?
- What Kind Of Blood Test Do You Use For Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.