Not sure about Hep B test results
Jun 17, 2002
My girlfriend tested positive for the Hep B surface antigen (HBsAg). She then underwent another test for Hep B e antigen (HBeAg). The result was 35, which was interpreted non-reactive, which has a range of 7 - 48. She is HIV negative. Is she a Hep B carrier?
Response from Dr. Fried
The presence of HBsAg positive indicates that the person is a carrier of hepatitis B. If not already accomplished, she should see her physician for a full evaluation. You should get the hepatitis B vaccine, if you are not immune (positive anti-HBs).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Sharing A Pipe?
- Does Hep C Cause High Blood Pressure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.