Jun 17, 2002
Hi i was just curious of what thi means i am positiv for te core antibody and negative for sur ag an negative for sur ab doesthe core ab mean that it is chronic.....or is it going away....
| Response from Dr. Fried
HBcore antibody is a marker for exposure to hepatitis B. The absence of HBs antigen indicates that you were exposed some time in the past (possibly recently) but you DO NOT have chronic infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Purple Spots After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Touching Precum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- All Names Of Stds
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.