Hepatitis C- Liver Biopsy
Jun 6, 2002
After the liver biopsy, am I correct in assuming that the doctor should be able to tell us what genotype of hepatitis c my ex-husband has? dont really understand this part of my research. Thank you again!!!!!!!!!
Response from Dr. Fried
The liver biopsy provides information about the stage and activity of the liver disease. Genotyping is performed on a blood sample. Certain HCV genotypes respond better to HCV therapy than others
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Flu Symptoms A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.