|Hep B Carrier?
Jun 6, 2002
Hi, Past Hep B lab results indicated: HepBsAg negative, HepBsAb positive, and HepBcAb postive. I'm currently pregnant and worried that I can pass the HepB virus onto my child and whether or not my husband is at risk of getting HepB from me also. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Fried
Your blood tests indicate that you had HBV in the past but do not currently carry the virus. You are not infectious to your child or husband. Your child should get the HBV vaccine anyway now that universal vaccination is widely practiced. Discuss these issues with your OB doc.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Do Pap Smears Test For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.