Is there such a thing as an inactive carrier?

I am a lesbian and I'm currently dating a woman who was diagnosed with hepatitis b 6 years ago. She went to the doctor about a year ago and was told that she was a carrier, but was an inactive carrier. I don't really understand what that could mean and I have really tried to do a lot of research on the topic. I was wondering if there is such a thing as an inactive carrier and if she is contagious or not and also if I can contract hepatitis from having oral sex with her?? The whole thing is sure confusing to me. Thanks!!!

Response from Dr. Fried

Inactive carriers have low levels of hepatitis B virus so they are less infectious than someone with active disease. HBV can reactivate spontaneously so your girlfriend should get continued follow-up with her physician. Hepatitis B is sexually transmitted so you can contract it from oral sex. You should be tested and if not immune to HBV, get the HBV vaccine.

HEPC
Hep B Carrier?