Slow rebetron response?

My boyfriend has been taking combined rebitol and intron a for 5 months. He is 25 and has Hep C type 3A. His viral load results as of today are 30,000/ml. A reduction of 65. He says the medicine is not working and the response is too slow to be hopeful. To me it looks good but he is a doctor himself and is pesimistic. Please let me know how it seems to an expert.

Response from Dr. Fried

By month 5 of therapy, most patients who are going to have a sustained response (permanent loss of virus) will already be negative for HCV RNA. This is particularly true for genotype 3 where the recommended course of therapy is for 6 months. He should discuss his options with his physician.

What are these test suppose to tell you?
HEPC