|Slow rebetron response?
Jun 6, 2002
My boyfriend has been taking combined rebitol and intron a for 5 months. He is 25 and has Hep C type 3A. His viral load results as of today are 30,000/ml. A reduction of 65. He says the medicine is not working and the response is too slow to be hopeful. To me it looks good but he is a doctor himself and is pesimistic. Please let me know how it seems to an expert.
Response from Dr. Fried
By month 5 of therapy, most patients who are going to have a sustained response (permanent loss of virus) will already be negative for HCV RNA. This is particularly true for genotype 3 where the recommended course of therapy is for 6 months. He should discuss his options with his physician.
What are these test suppose to tell you?
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.