|What are these test suppose to tell you?
Jun 6, 2002
Hello! Which on these tests is suppose to test for immunity to Hepatitis B?
1. Hep B Core IGM Ab 2. Hep B Surface Ab Qual 3. Hep B Surface Ag w/reflex Confirm 4. Hep Panel, Acute w/reflex (HbsAg w/reflex confirm, HC Ab, HA Ab Igm, HbcAb, Igm)
I already done tests 1 and 3 and both cam back non-reactive. Do these tests show immunity to Hepatitis B and what does a non-reactive result mean? Thank you so much for your time.
Response from Dr. Fried
Tests 1 and 3 in your panel test for acute hepatitis B which you don't have since they are both negative. HBsAb (hepatitis B surface antibody) is the marker for immunity to hepatitis B.
Hep C and cryoglobulins
Slow rebetron response?
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Which Is Worse Herpes Or Syphilis?
- What Will Happen If I Don't Treat Shingles?
- What Do Herpes Symptoms Look Like?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.