found out I have hep. c

I found out I have Hep. C my enzymes were 50 I was told It could poss. turn to cancer. I new to this stuff.

Response from Dr. Fried

You should be fully evaluated for HCV, demonstrate that the virus is present and, possibly, have a lver biopsy to stage your disease. HCV infection is a risk for liver cancer but usually only in association with someone who has developed cirrhosis of the liver from HCV. Treatment for HCV is available and patients can be cured in over 50% of the cases. Check with your healthcare provider to see if treatment is right for you.

hep b
Questions!