new hepatits C tests?

I gave blood and was told i had hep.C. I was tests two times since then and the first test comes back positive and the second negative. what is going on, do i have it or not. Also i heard there is a new test out for hep c, is this true? thank you.

Response from Dr. Fried

You need to get the exact letter from the blood bank who notified you about your tests. It is not possible to tell from the information you provided. Take the letter to your healthcare provider who can discuss the specific results with you and decide what additional tests may be needed.

hepatitis A
Alcohol and Hepatitis B Carrier