hepatitis A

I work at a resturant, and there is a dishwasher that was put in the hospital due to hep A and her mother is the cook.I think the mother had a booster, but I am not sure if she was tested. Everyone their was recently today asked to get the booster,no bloodwork.So how much at risk am i.I also have a 2 yr. old child.how long till symptoms show? Shouldn't everyone there get there blood drawn regardless of no physical apperances?

Response from Dr. Fried

Hepatitis A in the setting of restaurant workers is potentially a serious public health issue. I assume that the local health department was notified. You should follow their recommendations for post-exposure prophylaxis based upon the details of the exposure. Adequate, timely post-exposure prophylaxis is very effective in preventing new cases and containing an outbreak.

Hep C Enzyme Levels
new hepatits C tests?