|Confused about test results
May 26, 2002
I'm confused about my test results.. help would be much appreciated! I was exposed to HepB 7 months ago. I just tested anti-HBc = Positive, anti-Hbs = Negative, HBV DNA by PCR = undetected, IgM = positive. Liver functions normal.
Am I a carrier? Am I cured? Is it too soon to say?
Thanks much for all your responses! SB, Seattle
| Response from Dr. Fried
If HBs antigen is negative than it looks like you became infected but are in the process of clearimg the infection. Your healthcare professional should recheck your HBV tests, particularly the HBs antigen in order to demonstrate that you have completely cleared HBV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Loose Stool An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is White Bumps On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.