May 17, 2002
Is a person that has hepatitis likely to have hiv also
Response from Dr. Fried
HIV, HBV, and HCV all share, to varying degrees, similar modes of transmission. All three may be acquired by intravenous drug use and HIV and HBV (and to a much lesser extent HCV) may be acquired through sexual contact. However, just because you have one disease does not mean that you were infected with others. Simple blood tests can give you definite answers. See your healthcare professional.
Hep B Carrier? help-ASAP
Hepatitis B results
- Unprotected Vaginal Sex Scared I Have HIV
- Are Night Sweats An Ars Symptom?
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do Doxycycline Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.