|Missed vaccine dose
May 11, 2002
Hi Dr. Please tell me if it is ok.. I took HBV vaccine back in 1998 I believe. I took only 2 does. My family dr. said that I am immune to it 95 and no need to take the 3rd dos. I am confused. Would u please tell me if I have take the 3rd dos. If yes should I start over again. Thank you for answering this question.
| Response from Dr. Fried
The optimal regimen is the three-dose vaccine for HBV. However, after two doses, anti-HBs (immunity to HBV) is likely to have developed. Nevertheless, the third dose acts as a booster. Ask your doctor to check your anti-HBs titers. If this is present you have developed immunity. If not take another HBV vaccine and then recheck immunity in about 4 weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testing Negative After Sex With A Prostitute
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.