Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Faced jaundice two times with hyperbilirubinea
May 6, 2002

Dear Sir, I may be a special case for you as I have faced jaundice two times in my short life. Right now I am feeling tiredness. I have not Hep B or Hep C. My SGPT is also less than 40 iu/ml. Only bilirubin is counting between 1.5 and 2. I have never taken alcohol. I am fully vegeterian. My doctor has given me some course of udiliv-500 tablets, but it is remains same. What should I do. Sometimes I feel good and sometimes not. Also can I take a glass of milk in the morning in this time also. Please reply me. I am asking second time. Thank you for attention.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Hepatitis B and C are not the only diseases to affect the liver.You need to rule out Gilbert's disease,as a possible cause of high bilirubin levels.This is a congenital problem of the conjugation of the bilirubin,and patients have fluctuating elevations of the total bilirubin.This does not cause any problem to the liver nor symptoms.You also need to exclude gall bladder pathology and liver pathology of the bile ducts.These problems,may cause symptoms.Good luck.

Previous
transmisson of Hepatitus C
Next
Missed vaccine dose

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.