|transmisson of Hepatitus C
May 5, 2002
My father in law just found out that he has Hepatitus C. He spent the weekend with us the weekend before he found out that he was infected with it. Are we at risk for contracting Hepatitus C? Also, is Hepatitus C transmitted by used the bathroom after him?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
no,HCV is a blood borne disease.It is only trasmited by infected blood entering the body .The most common ways are sharing needles,razors,sex,blood transfussions before 1992.You do not need to worry about your father in law.
Someone please set me straight
Faced jaundice two times with hyperbilirubinea
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes Symptoms Diarrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.